Read this.
When I was in Japan, those kids worked soooooo hard at school. I've always been a hard worker - a bit prone to perfectionism. I look at the kids around me these days, barely studying at all, and I wonder... why not? Why not study hard when you're little. Obviously not to the point that you break down or don't learn how to enjoy life. But what benefit are kids getting from playing video games instead of studying? Would it really hurt them to spend more time on education? Do they really need almost a full 3 months of summer? I think that a good number of our kids would not hurt at all from more school-time, but would actually benefit immensely (especially if good teachers are thrown into the mix, not just time).
Balance is so important in life (something I'm still trying to get a handle on). Let's focus on productive activities (like education and fitness) while still letting them have fun and have some free time. Maybe we could all learn a bit on how to work hard and play hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm all about the work hard and play hard lifestyle. And relaxing hard is nice, too.
Post a Comment